Tuesday, January 25, 2011

State of the Union

I'm really really trying to watch and listen to the SOTU tonight, but it's so hard to do. Last administration I thought I just hated listening to GW Bush talk (which I did).  But now I realize that it's just hard to sit through political speeches in general.  Maybe it's just me, but I don't find political speeches exciting or inspiring- I'm much more a creature of the written word.

But as to the content: more of what we've learned to expect from Obama; playing the role of the Reasonable Adult in a room full of squabbling children.  And I guess that's appropriate for SOTU, which isn't a time for Fire and Brimstone.  I just hope that comes later when he hits the road.  I was glad to hear the push to end the tax cuts eventually.  I was less glad to hear about freezing government spending, as I think that just cedes too much ground to Republicans right now.

But it's so hard to listen to, that I couldn't pay full attention.  Got my checkbook balanced, though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment