Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Don't Hate Scott Brown

Alright, I admit it.  Although I'm very liberal and very partisan in my politics, I find Scott Brown quite unobjectionable.  He doesn't talk like a fire-breathing radical, he occasionally votes with Democrats, and he seems like a thoughtful character.

But that doesn't mean I'm voting for him.  It's not that I'm unable to vote for any Republican (OK, maybe it's that too).  But first of all, Elizabeth Warren stands where I stand on the issues (Scott Brown is against any financial regulation of Wall Street, for example).  Most importantly though, he's a vote for Mitch McConnell for Senate Majority Leader, and he's a vote for very conservative Supreme Court justices.

So if I comment on the Warren-Brown race in the next few months, I hope to take it easy on Scott Brown and avoid calling him names that should be reserved for the really crazy (Hello, Michelle Bachman) and cynically evil (that's you, Newt) in the GOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment