Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Deval Patrick Rocks the DNC

I didn't watch the Republican National Convention much; just caught the highlights.  While not watching it I told myself that I don't really like any political speeches, and wasn't planning to watch the Democratic National Convention either.  But last night there was nothing else on TV, and I was trolling the internet reading my favorite bloggers comment on the DNC, so I figured I'd put it on and see what was up.
 
Generally it was what I expected- boring speeches filled with empty rhetoric.  I was only half-Ilistening.  But then Deval Patrick came on, and boy did he make me look up and sit up:
"It's time for Democrats to grow a backbone and stand up for what we believe".  AMEN!!!
 
Readers of this blog know how much Republicans anger me, but I don't emphasize often enough what Democrats do that makes me want to vomit.  Mealy mouthed whimps have no place in politics, and Democrats too often seem totally unwilling to fight for what they believe in.  Thankfully, last night they weren't running away from the Affordable Care Act but were embracing it.  I'm hoping for more of that.  Republicans certainly know how to fight, and if Democrats can't match it then the center left has no chance in America.
 
UPDATE: Well, that good feeling lasted about 23 hours, until the Democrats heard some conservatives carping about how God isn't mentioned in the Democratic platform, and about how they made an inconsequential change compared to four years ago in leaving out the plank about Jerusalem being the capital of Israel.  So tonight the Democrats put those things back in, while many delegates shouted their dissent.  The whole thing would have blown over, lost in the noise after Bill Clinton spoke later tonight, but now it's a Story.  Typical spineless Democrats once again.
 
Here's Goldblog on that issue.

5 comments:

  1. As for the booing by convention delegates when the issue was reopened, some of it was motivated by anti-Israel feeling, I'm sure, but much of it, from my impression, was motivated by the ridiculous manner in which the issue was put to the convention.

    The mere fact that it was left out in the first place,,then bood when put back in tells us a lot about the "New Democrats". Jews will vote for the "New Democrats" because they are basically Liberals. I, on the other hand put the security of Israel way above Ideolgy. Get to know the "New Democrats" you might not like what you see.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get to know the "New Democrats:
    At the Democratic National Convention, where one speaker after the next swears they love free enterprise, delegates and attendees (maybe some media, who knows?) were asked by Peter Schiff, posing as a anti-corporate activist, if they would support capping or banning corporate profit.

    Well, there seems to be plenty of enthusiasm for the idea in Charlotte this week — and not from the fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obama last night: "We've done better than you think."

    Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?
    There isn't a stat you look at that doesn't beg the question. Better than who, Carter or Greece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching Clinton up there underlined the difference between his administration and Obama’s. We could see how far Obama’s record fell short of Clinton’s. It was obvious that Clinton balanced the budget while Obama tripled the deficit. It was obvious that Clinton created a net of 23 million new jobs while Obama is saddled with massive unemployment he spent $800 Billion to avoid.

      Delete
  4. DNC chair Wasserman Schultz:
    "That awful conservative newspaper misquoted me by, er, accurately writing what I said

    Debbie Wasserman Schultz had quoted Israel’s ambassador to the US, Michael Oren, as saying “ that what the Republicans are doing is dangerous for Israel.”
    The ambassador denied it but Wasserman Schultz insisted.
    “I didn’t say he said that,” Wasserman Schultz insisted.

    The reporter responded today by releasing the audio of Wasserman Schultz’ claim:

    Debbie Wasserman Schultz;
    "We know — and I’ve heard no less than Ambassador Michael Oren say this — that what the Republicans are doing is dangerous for Israel. They’re undermining Israel’s security by suggesting that the United States and Israel don’t have anything other than a unique and close and special relationship."

    ReplyDelete